In this post, I will explain in detail how to set up Bitget’s Copy Trade on both the mobile app and PC version.
Bitget Copy Trade Desktop Setup and Usage
Finding the Copy Trade Location
Click ‘Copy’ in the top menu of the Bitget homepage.
Click ‘Copy’ under the profile of the elite trader you wish to copy.
Advanced Copy Trade Settings
On the trader’s profile page, you can find a button that says ‘Switch to advanced’.
- Advanced settings allow for more detailed modes in copy trading.
Setting Copy Trade Pairs
The copy trader offers three pairs for copy trading: BTC/USDT, ETH/USDT, and XRP/USDT. Followers choose the pair they wish to copy.
- If you only want to copy Bitcoin trades, activate only BTCUSDT.
Setting Bitget Copy Trade Margin Mode
Margin mode for USDT pair futures trading can be either Copy margin or USDT.
If you wish to copy an elite trader’s Coin-M (Coin Margin) futures trades, you must set the trading pair separately.
- Copy margin mode follows the elite trader’s pair exactly.
- ETH, BTC, USDC, XRP, BGB, STETH: Follows only when the elite trader starts a Coin-M futures trade with a specific cryptocurrency as margin.
- For example, if the trader uses USDC coin as margin for ETH/USD Coin-M futures, you need to set it to USDC for the copy trade to start.
Setting Copy Trade Leverage
- Futures leverage: Applies the leverage set on the futures trading page.
- Specified leverage: Allows custom leverage settings.
- Copy leverage: Follows the trader’s leverage.
Set custom leverage in Bitget Copy Trade settings for specific losses or profits.
- Setting 20 on a long position means, regardless of the trader’s leverage, it’s fixed at 20x.
- The same applies to short positions.
Setting Copy Trade Risk
Stop loss and take profit settings for Bitget Copy Trade, as well as the maximum allowed position margin.
Based on the image, stop loss activates at 56%, and take profit at 200%. The maximum allowed margin per position is up to 71000USDT.
Bitget Copy Trade Order History
Once everything is set, active trades by the copy trader appear in the ‘Open positions’ tab.
Past orders can be viewed in the ‘Order history’ tab, and you can check the current elite traders you are following under ‘Elite traders’.
‘Settings’ allow you to automatically unfollow inactive copy traders.
Mobile Setup for Bitget Copy Trade
Finding the Copy Trade Location on Mobile
Click the ‘Copy’ menu at the bottom of the app.
You can find three tabs for copy trading: futures, spot, and bot trades.
Following a Trader
- Copy: Pressing the Copy button takes you to the page to follow that trader.
- Edit: If you are currently following a trader, it shows as Edit, allowing you to modify copy trade settings.
- Full: Indicates the trader’s followers are full, but you can receive notifications when a spot opens up.
Setting up Bitget Trader Copy Trade
click the Copy button.
The setting process is almost identical to that on a PC.
- Choose the trading pairs you want to copy.
- Decide whether to follow all of the trader’s trading pairs or just specific ones. In the case of USDT futures, it doesn’t matter.
- Choose whether to apply the leverage set on your futures trades, use a custom one, or follow the trader’s leverage.
- Fixed amount lets you enter a fixed amount, while Magnification sets the quantity ratio.
- Risk management allows for TP/SL settings and setting a maximum position limit, similar to the PC version.
Viewing a Bitget Copy Trade Profile
- The trader’s total assets held.
- Total number of trades.
- Membership duration.
- Number of followers.
- Total profit rate for the period.
- Maximum loss rate.
- Number of copy trades (based on followers).
- Total profits.
- Win rate (increases even with a profit of just one dollar).
- Total margin used by followers in copy trades.
- Daily trade frequency.
- Supported trading pairs.
The trader’s trade pair ratio, and on the right, the duration and profit for each position.
View past order history and current copy trade positions.
‘Followers’ tab shows the profit history of followers of that trader.
Can I not follow as an elite trader?
Accounts registered as traders cannot be copied.
What are the fees for copy trading?
Bitget copy trade futures fees are 0.02% to 0.04%. Additionally, you must pay a portion of the profits to the copy trader.